Wednesday 9 February 2011

BOBBI BROWN RICH LIP COLOR





As you all know I'm just a little obsessed with Bobbi Brown (the make up guru not Whitney's bad boy ex). While doing a phone interview with the lady herself while in a broom cupboard in a posh Marco Pierre White restaurant (it's a long story), I gushed embarrassingly all over her. Like some kind of make up stalker I told her how much I appreciated she always made me feel included and fabulous when rocking up to her beauty counter back in the day, when most other cosmetics companies idea of a darker shade was something Cameron Diaz would wear. Bobbi's done it again with the new Rich Lip Color range, £16, available nationwide from the 1st March, which is quite delicious and has an extensive 12 shades, which really does suit every skin tone- no bull.

This lippie is for a new generation of ladee as it's light weight, packed full of pigment and creamy, leaving lips feeling conditioned instead of like you've applied a layer of paint stripper to them. The lipstick uses clever technology with a colourless base so the formula is totally colour saturated. I love the Plum rose and goth Crimson shades (which look fab on darker skin tones) but I also tried the Sweet Nectar shade, which I wouldn't usually go for but I was pleasantly surprised that it looked really fresh on my darker skin tone and brightened up my face making me feel all Spring like. I think the lipsticks would also make really good cream blushers as well- have a go dabbing them on the apples of your cheeks for a sheer wash of colour. I also love the packaging, which is matte black and feels a bit gangster ( I do love matte black cars especially pimped out Range Rovers I'm a bit of a boy like that).

Have a go for yourself and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails