Monday 23 March 2009

LOVE YOUR LIPS





I am always on a mission to find the perfect pinky nude gloss for my dark skin tone. Lots of pinks are too warm toned, light or don’t have enough pigment in them and looks washed out on my lips. However, my current favourites which have made their way into my handbag (a very hallowed place) are NARS All night Long, which is a fabulous dusky raspberry pink and Bobbi Brown’s Aubergine lip gloss, which contains lip softening avocado, jojoba and aloe extracts.

On my search I have recently turned to Prescriptives Custom Blend Lip Gloss, a bespoke service where you can create your very own colour. The service was only available in Selfridges but has now gone Nationwide.

The thought of creating my very own gloss from scratch was too exciting and I wasn’t disappointed. The Prescriptive’s make up artist Andrew created my holy grail of nude pink (opaque, deep pigments and with blue tones with a smidge of warmth) by skilfully mixing an array of shades and even laced the gloss with a berry flavour. Now I have my very own piece of heaven in a tube and my lips are loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails