Tuesday 27 March 2012

THE BODY SHOP - BEAUTY WITH HEART




Whenever I think of The Body Shop I get a warm fuzzy glow inside. We have all grown up with this very sincere and British brand that not only has loads of heart and a social consciousness. Their recent campaigns in helping to stop sex trafficking as well as helping communities around the world is what beauty is all about feeling and being beautiful from the inside out. On top of all that the products also really deliver and have iconic status, such as their lip smacking Body Butters to the fruity shower gels such as Fuzzy Peach and Green Apple that take me straight back to the 6th form in school listening to Blur and Oasis in the common room. Other happy Body Shop memories I have was when I meet my husband in the first year of university at 19 and I saw that he had their Passionfruit Cleansing Gel in his bathroom - I thought yes I can date this man - 15 years and twin baby girls later - the thought of it still makes me smile.

So last week when I was invited to attend and also filmed with my production company Couture Communications, www.couturecommunications.com at The Body Shop's massive global launch to announce their first ever Brand Ambassador Lily Cole I was beyond excited. The launch was held to celebrate and talk about their new Beauty with Heart Campaign, which Lily will be heading up and it's a movement inviting us all to - "Look Good, Feel Good and Do Good"- it was very inspiring. The launch was held at the Old Sorting Office in WC1 in the heart of London and was literally huge as the 120,000 square foot space was turned into a mad Willy Wonka style fun playground with all things The Body Shop. I had loads of fun playing in the Look Good room at the Shimmer Cube wall where you could custom make your own eyeshadow palettes with the help with the fabulous Chase Aston, The Body Shop's celebrity make up artist. At the Feel Good room there were hand massages with the wide array of different body butters and in the Do Good room we learned all about the campaigns and work we all can do to help make a difference. Well Done! Take a look at the film below to get a sneak peek of the launch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails