Tuesday 21 September 2010

LONDON FASHION WEEK SS 11 COUTURE COMMUNICATIONS DAY 4




















So it's day 4 of London Fashion Week and it was another crazy fun day on planet fashion.  I spent the day filming again with lovely Lauren Murdoch Smith from Grazia with my beauty and fashion consultancy company Couture Communications.As a beauty girl I'm all about the hair, make up and nails but do love the fashion too, which was an explosion of colour. The first stop of the day was back to Waterloo the Old Terminal for Eurostar and Peter Pilotto where I had a chat to the charming and elegant Olivia Chantecaille. The girls had fabulous pulled back soft hair using John Frieda new volume range into an messy yet intricate bun, which was very wearable and fab. The clothes were also delicious with a palette of sky blues, pale blue and navy.

At Christopher Kane he was  'aving it large with his neon yellows, orange and pinks with rocking mind blowing techno beats blasting in the background and being in what I can only describe as an East End lock up- it did feel like the chicest rave party in history. I did bust some big box little box hand moves, which didn't go down that well with the hungry (as in they don't eat) hoxton posse that were there, oh well.

I also spotted model of the moment Jessica Hart again where I did tell her I swear we are not stalking you. She is so well brought up, patient, warm and giving and totally cool and an excellent example to all models you don't have to be a diva to get on (I'm talking to you NC).  Hilary Alexander was also running around backstage as well as French Vogue's Carine Roitfeld. You know me once I spotted her, I went to say hello and told her I loved her style and also got her to give me a wave for the camera for my filming crew.

Now power players like Carine are either scary The Devil wears Prada ladies or sweet teddy bears who are warm and lovely -there is generally nothing in between. I can tell you Carine was a sweet heart and super friendly and talented! Outside the Giles show ( was in an East End abandoned warehouse which was very Sweeney Todd)  I spotted Chanel Iman the latest Victoria Secrets model. I grabbed her to say a quick hello ( ps never have your picture taken with supermodels if you can help it,  I'm 5'6 1/2 and I still look like a black oompa loompa, it's days like these I thank God for my Nigerian genes and teflon skin) I have interviewed her before and she is super chatty, bubbly and cool. She said she was in London to visit a friend who has moved here and she was having fun and enjoying shopping and LFW. Bless her! Giles was a hugggge celeb packed show in the run though and backstage I spotted Stella Tennant, Kelly Brook (whos bangers were on amazing form and looked twice as big next to the other models and it was great to see her representing us big boobed ladies on the catwalk), Jessica Stam, Abbey Clancy with no bump at all in sight, Chanel Iman and Agyness Deyn. I loved the clothes at Giles whose colour palette was that of Neaploitan ice cream. Kerry Katona, Pixie Geldof, James Brown and Zanna Roberts were all in the audience and were all given heat reflective blanket to keep warm. Random!!!!! The strong theme of the season so far seems to be that the 70s are back from the soft romantic flicked out fringe at Giles with Glam Rock harlequin glitter make up to the Joan Jett inspired hair created by Luke Hersheson for Marios Schwab today. That's me over and out people for today. Am having a cup of tea and a biscuit and am then heading out to Burberry in 20 mins. I will tell you all about it later today!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely images, looks like you have had a thriling fashion week! Will check out all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It has been really fun and packed full of amazing beauty looks and clothes! Please do check out the other posts and the films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Ateh! Kerry Katona! Love it all!

    Beatrice Aidin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ateh!
    I love the photos and fashion week looks amazing! I really enjoy reading your blog:)
    Shaosheen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ateh!!
    I have just found your blog (I know, it took me a while) and I'm really rnjoying reading it!!

    Shaosheen Jewel x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails