Friday 11 June 2010

REVLON A/W NAIL COLOURS IN RUBY RIBBON AND EMERALD CITY


















Yesterday I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at Revlon’s new A/W nail colours. I am a huge fan of Revlon nail colours. They are fashion forward and don’t chip diddy chip. I went on a one woman mission to get the sexy Valentine shade over from the states and almost cried with joy when they brought the shade to the UK! These shades are just as covetable.

The fabulous matte Ruby Ribbon, £6.29, available nationwide, is tres chic and I have it on my nails as I’m typing, it makes me feel a bit mysterious and like I’m in a 1940s film noir. The other new shade is Emerald City, a delicious green with a metallic sheen. The shade reminds me ironically not of Judy Garland in the ‘Wizard of Oz’ (I saw the film again the other day I thought my God someone must have been on tripping on acid when they made that, it really is a bit surreal and psychedelic- genius) but that of Liza Minnelli in Bob Fosse’s ‘Cabaret’, which makes me smile. Paint your nails with either shade and do your best jazz hands and have fun with these fab new shades. Enjoy.  

3 comments:

  1. Looking at them, they certainly make me think of a bygone glamorous jazz era. Sexy, sultry singer crooning into an old style mic, with perfectly manicured oval nails in any of these two colours. Me likey too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Bella Queen. Yes it makes me what to do Jazz hands too. I actually bought CZJ singing 'All that Jazz' from 'Chicago' from Itunes after I wrote this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Hernande. This translation is an old Chinese proverb "a promise that can be counted on is much more valuable than gold".

    I do think Revlon have delivered amazing quality and colours for years, which is beauty gold to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails