Sunday 22 February 2009

Fashion Week/ Beauty Rescue



It’s that time of year again- London Fashion Week!!!!! Fashion week is a heady mix of interesting and fresh ideas, drama, high art, fun and chaos. As a beauty journalist and beauty addict the clothes come a close second to the make up and hair looks. My favourite part of fashion week is running around backstage getting the latest looks and inspirations for the next season. The genius and highly creative hair stylist and make up artists, take inspiration from films, art, music and street culture and the references are often as weird and wonderful as “a Vermeer painting meets raga” (I kid you not). After hours on my feet and red bull induced twitching I have to rely on an arsenal of beauty rescue products to make me feel relaxed and centred again.

Elemis’ Aching Muscle Super Soak
is a favourite with warming birch, clove, alpine and mineral rich sea salt. Afterwards I slather my skin in Aromatherapy Associates Enrich Massage & Body oil, which contains comforting ylang ylang, geranium and vanilla, which is better than a bottle of prozac. My new best beauty friend is Dr Hauscka’s Birch Arnica Body oil, which I am putting on tired shoulders to ease strains from elbow shoving and wielding my handbag as a weapon for people trying to push past me. Ahh the joys of fashion week- beauty, clothes and a cardio workout all in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails